Adorable Andrew demonstrates how NOT to build a city in SimCity. Admittedly, you could do a lot worse than he did here.
A brief rundown of things discussed by Adorable Andrew:
- Andrew introduces the idea that there is a particular way of building a thriving city in SimCity. Although SimCity does enable you to build your city your way, it may not lead to favorable results.
- Andrew spends his budget on zoning instead of dealing with the brownout problems inherent in his city.
- The citizens continue to demand a power plant, so Andrew reluctantly decides to save up.
- Andrew finally builds another power plant only to be asked to build another one.
- Andrew saves up for another power plant, but this time the citizens demand a sea port. A sea port, naturally, costs as much as a power plant.
- Andrew reluctantly builds a sea port and the city continues to grow. Only this time, the citizens demand an airport.
- Andrew somehow manages to build up to a Metropolis, in 125 game years.